Saturday, September 19, 2009

Justin Pogge




Does he have a better chance of developing here with Anaheim than he did with Toronto? I sure think he does. Maybe I'm just being too much of a homer for the Ducks, but I think he'll have a much better chance in developing his NHL skills. He's prompted to be the No 3 goalie, behind J.S. Giguere and Jonas Hiller. However, he seems to being pushed by Timo Pielmeier for the No 3 spot. Pielmeier has had the most time so far among Levasseur and Pogge. Pogge getting in 30 more minutes he first received in the loss against Vancouver. He allowed one goal against in the 3rd. Giguere allowed two goals against the second one he had absolutely no chance of stopping. It's hard to tell if he could of saved the first one or not. He looked like he was pretty much screened on the first one.

I didn't get a chance to listen to last nights game and I know Pielmeier and Leveasseur played, but I'm not exactly sure how well either of them played. Haven't gotten the chance to even see Levasseur play, when he was called up for games missed those too.


Alright scratch that I said that J.S. Giguere was going to play Jiggy didn't play tonight.

It was Jonas Hiller and Justin Pogge.

Justin Pogge didn't get to play this game which I'm a little upset because he needed ice time in order to match up with Pielmeier in a healthy competition wise.

Jonas Hiller allowed three goals against on a total of 26 shots but all 26 aren't necessarily shots on goal (SOG)

Goal Scorers:
1st period LA Kings: Power Play goal Brayden Schenn younger brother of Toronto's Luke Schenn
2nd period: LA Kings: Ryan Smyth, Brayden Schenn (2)
Anaheim Ducks: Saku Koivu (Assists: Teemu Selanne, Corey Perry)
3rd: LA Kings: Empty Net Anze Kopitar

Kings win 4-1.

In the second period; 11 of 13 shot on goals saved by Jonathan Bernier brother of Vancouver's Steve Bernier. 12 of 15 shot saved by Jonas Hiller.

Goaltender J.P. Levasseur was sent down to the Minors, he was sent to San Antonio, along with 5 other players.Some sent to separate teams

Ducks make more Roster Moves

I'm assuming Jiggy and Pielmeier are going to start against the Sharks? I like saving Piemeier to play against his former team. Who didn't have him play is going to be interesting at least I hope he plays against the Sharks, it's Jiggy's turn to play a game as well. Pogge also needs a game he actually plays in.

Don't get me wrong I love Hiller, but he should of only gotten at most 40 minutes and Randy Carlyle should of played both goalies in tonight's game. Hiller didn't have too great of a night; of course, I am not sure how our defense really did since I did not see the game only listened to it, but Hiller had a better game against the Coyotes on opening night than he did against Los Angeles.

REMAINING ROOKIE GOALIES:
PIELMEIER, TIMO
POGGE, JUSTIN

No comments: