Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Giguere clarifies his comments

With the controversy over J.S. Giguere's comments made just a couple of days ago and the railing which game from fans and media has been clarified. J.S. Giguere's comments were taken out of context by media and by fans alike. The clarification of his comments doesn't show he was being negative, he said he was being more sarcastic than he was being serious about his "I'd rather retire than be a back-up goalie" comment to the media/The (Los Angeles) Daily. Giguere put the train back on the rails after having it nearly derail on him and at the same time avoided a fatal collision in the hockey world involving himself and the Ducks.

Quotes from Boys in the Crease:




“I want to be part of this team,” Giguere said after the club’s morning skate in preparation for tonight’s game against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center.

“I want to be the No. 1 (goaltender) in Anaheim,” Giguere said. “I love playing here. I want to be here.”


“It didn’t come out exactly the way I wanted,” Giguere said Wednesday. “I just wanted to say that I’m not done. I still want to play. I still want to battle and have fun.


“Let’s be clear on one thing. I’m not about to retire. I was being a little sarcastic about that. But I’m not going to just sit on the bench and collect my money. I want to play. Hopefully, I’ll figure out a way to make it happen.”


I have been playing poorly since halfway through last year,” Giguere said. “For me to play regularly, I have to play like a No. 1 goalie. Hillsy has done that. It’s going to be up to me to grab my chance when I get it.”


Even with the heavy rumors of Giguere leaving Anaheim, he states he does not want to leave Anaheim and still continues to fight for the No 1 Spot with fellow goalie Jonas Hiller.

No comments: